Monday, December 22, 2008

The Swamp Thesis

The girls in my college (wow! what are the odds of that?!?) have been falling sick a lot over the last few weeks. The same symptoms - fever, stomach upset, nausea... Coincidence? I think not. One, okay. Two - maybe. But TEN women in FOURTEEN days? Personally, I blame The Swamp. And the management who is in charge of it, of course. For those of you who are not familiar with The Swamp, I will elaborate. 

Remember the rains Chennai witnessed in the last week of November? When the city was struggling to stay afloat and in some places, drowning? That's when a lot of water stagnated in our grounds, creating The Swamp. At first, I admit it was pretty cool. People sat eating samosas, staring at their reflections, sailed paper boats, threw pebbles into the water to see the ripple effect... Until it began to stagnate and give off a terrific stench. Though the water in the front had dried up, the marshy inlands (as I like to call it) towards the basketball and tennis courts was quite a sight (and smell). It was quite hard to believe that it was the same place the NCC cadets would go mamrching off or somewhere we would be hosting our play in Feb (am I giving away too much?). Anyway, I wonder what P and H and H thought of the whole deal. Personally I'd have loved to have whacked P and H1 and C on the head with a block of concrete and shoved - . Okay, I can see my Production Manager Counterpart (henceforth known as PMC) going "Shhh!!! The play's not over yet! Be careful of what you say!!!"

But it's not like any of the frocks are going to read this, right? I mean a blog is meant to vent, right? I don't see how H1's opinion of me can deteriorate any further after the 'w-horrible' episode.  And I don't see how H2's opinion of me will matter since she slaps my ass anyway. She slaps everyones ass - I swear it's not just me! 

Anyway, coming back to the topic of discussion, I really wonder what P, H1 & 2 and C thought of the whole deal. Speaking of which, the latter has been sick for sometime now and her little monkeys were getting a bit worried cause there was no one to approve of the things they did - though of course, she wrote them off very randomly as 'manipulative'. But that is another post by itself, my pretties. Enough that you know that it made her sick. H2 would have been happy actually - less litter to clear up, no grass to mow... Other innocents to hound while the sun shines. H1 and P though... I mean they sit there the ENTIRE time and they still don't notice the putrifying mess that is/was the swamp? I mean, come on! Its bad enough that students congregate there on a general basis, but so close to the canteen? Would draining it be too much to ask for? 

Oh well. What's been done's been done. The Swamps more or less dry now. I even saw someone mowing it the other day. All should be well by February, Inshallah. Get well soon my pretties. Hope to see you all at rehearsal soon after a marvellous christmas break. 

 

4 comments:

  1. I can see that you're swamped, but hope it all clears up :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. of course it will :P M really glad things are going this far. Btw, like the new name?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe... I remember a time in our careless youth, long long ago, in 2005, when the same happened. Well, not the swamp part but there was a nice little lake in the vicinity of the Swamp. There were even a couple of cranes that took up residence.

    Ah, those days... *stares off into space*

    ReplyDelete