Tuesday, December 23, 2008

uncharted territory

It would make an interesting sociological study, I think, to analyse the dynamics of large groups of young, hormonal people working on projects they're passionate about. Sure, large groups of young hormonal people are bound to be interesting in themselves, even when they're wandering around aimlessly, but it's when they're all focused on one, particularly close-to-the-heart affair that the most violent, extreme reactions are to be seen.

Or maybe I'm just blowing things out of proportion, as usual.

I've never been in a play, to be honest. Not unless you count being a sheep present at the birth of Jesus when I was about six years old. Or "Hope" [as part of the sickeningly goody two-shoes trio, Hope, Faith and Charity] when I was twelve and had to spout a very preachy speech on how I was the saving grace of mankind's doom, or some such. Neither of these beautiful, enriching experiences had any effect on me, apart from temporarily making me a devoutly aspiring Christian.

Auditioning, therefore, was something I was dragged into. I must admit, it was fun - random, nonsensical and entertaining. Quite out of the ordinary everyday drill. And then of course, even though I didn't really expect to get in, I did. In one of those very cool twists of fate where everything seems to be working in your favour :P

Anyway, to cut a long story short - well, not that long, but I'd rather not harp on about my inspirational journey all the way... here - being in the college play cast is good fun. There are the obsessive, hyper drama people who've been nursing a passion for acting a great deal longer than I have, there are the chilled out, random people who're just in it for the fun and there are the in-between morons [like me] who've got very little clue what they're doing. Put them all together and what do you get?

A good deal of drama, comedy, entertainment, farce, spectacle and satire.

Haha, I'm a Literature student, forgive me!

Happy Holidays! :D

1 comment:

  1. leave the sociological analysis to me! :) let me see what i can figure out.

    ReplyDelete