Tuesday, February 24, 2009

hey hey hey it's a crying shame

Day 2 after the great event.

I'm still a bit lost, though I did enjoy my three-hour long afternoon nap today after nearly three months of going without it.

I've been annoying non-play friends by constantly quoting dialogues, or completing perfectly normal sentences with lines from 'Dahlia'. Example:

Hapless friend 1 begins a sentence with "Did you say..."
Beaming self jumps in with "DID you say God? SO manly of you!"
Hapless friend 1 turns into scowling unamused person.

I've developed an unaccountable craving for watermelon. I ate two whole bowlfuls of it today :

Being a part of Black and Blue and other Hues was definitely one of the most difficult, nerve-wracking and intense experiences I've ever had. Despite my cribbing, irritability and seeming indifference, it really kept me sane through a very trying period.

But I can't end this without recording for posterity two of the funniest things I've seen/heard in 2009:

1. Ann forgetting the tune to Dahlia's song. Her progression from a tentative "Aaaa" to an entirely new tune and finally back to the original tune halfway through Zeenab's speech was priceless.

2. Ann flushing in time to Divya banging the ching ching things together during Ambai [I don't know what they're called.. cymbals? :]. I wonder if the audience heard.

Ah yay. Just writing about those two moments just made me break out into giggles. Hehe.

1 comment: